View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aijalon
Officer

re: Nightblade PVE Spell Damage Spec

<!-- [if gte mso 9]> <![endif]-->

Hello All,

I am looking for a new PVE spec that won't include Warlock. Why? because I am sick of the set. Running Spell Symmetry should help balance the needs for Mana.

I understand the heavy diminishing returns on spell damage, but it is the stat the DIRECTLY effects the damage of our Class abilities. With this build I will overly dump my efforts into increasing spell damage.

What the nightblade is good at: Gaining Ultimate! A good nightblade can have a Veil of blades up about 60-80% of a fight. This is highly due to TRANSFER(siphoning passive) and Cleave Healing.

Single Target - Restoration Staff – Bar 1:

Funnel Health - - Crippling Grasp - - Inner Light - - Impale - - Spell Symmetry - - Veil of Blades

PVE Single target DPS: Why Restoration Staff? I personally would not recommend the healing staff to any other class for Single-target DPS. The majority of players who run a single-target Caster DPS build go Heavy Weapon Damage with Destruction.

So why Restoration Staff for PVE Nightblade DPS? Because of Funnel Health.

Funnel health is king for several reasons.

1. Each time you cast Funnel health, you are regenerating Two extra ultimate from the Nightblade Passive: Transfer.

2. Each time you cast Funnel health, you put a Heal over time on yourself and two nearby allies, each Critical heal will also passively return your ultimate. (Making Restoration Staff Passives more beneficial.) This heal Crits on average for 300+

3. With the 5 piece passive on "Way of Martial Knowledge" Expect your Funnel healths to do 10% more damage every 5 seconds. This increases our cleave healing output, making us even more useful to any group.

Basic Rotation: Light Attack/Funnel health, Light Attack/Funnel Health, Light Attack/Funnel Health, Light Attack/Spell Symmetry, Light Attack/Crippling Grasp. -- REPEAT -- Light Attack/Funnel health, Light Attack/Funnel Health, Light Attack/Funnel Health, Light Attack/Spell Symmetry, Light Attack/Crippling Grasp. -- REPEAT --

HOW TO USE SPELL SYMMETRY: Spell Symmetry does a couple things for us NB Wizards, Increasing the damage of our next spell by 20%, reducing the cost of our next spell by 20%, and returns mana. Be careful to watch your aoe's after using spell symmetry, Funnel health will self-heal you about 4 seconds after using Spell Symmetry, but it is easy to die in the mean time. After activating the ability - Use Crippling Grasp.

Crippling Grasp: You are going to want a good add-on for watching your Crippling Grasp Timer. And make sure that as the ability gets down to 1-2 seconds left, you cast spell symmetry, and then reapply the de-buff. If a talented Nightblade uses Crippling grasp effectively they will find their Ultimate's recharge much more quickly. Once again this is due to Transfer. Crippling Grasp rewards the player with 2 ultimate(upon impact), and 2 ultimate for each tick. Nightblades will also find a significant Increase in their single target DPS if they skillfully clip the use of this ability. A final thought on crippling grasp. If used correctly, and kept up 100% of the fight, you will find your ability to dodge mechanics and KITE NPC's greatly increased.

Final thoughts on Nightblade Single Target DPS/Their role in a group: Nightblades fit a specific role in groups. With this Single target DPS spec(Warlocks 5 piece/twilights embrace 5 piece) I pull between 700-1000 DPS and 400-650 Healing Per second. Try to understand your place as a Nightblade is to DPS -- but also to bring passive support to your group. I have kept groups alive through Funnel Health ticks alone, and you will find a group of Nightblade Casters requires no Healers or Dedicated Tanks(Veil of Blades Tanking/Funnel Health Cleave Healing).

AOE - Destruction Staff – Bar 2:

Evil Hunter - - Elemental Ring - - Inner Light - - Impale - - Sap Essence - - Soul Harvest

Thoughts on Destruction AOE: A good PVE Wizard is going to go heavy Weapon Damage. This will make their Elemental Rings hit way harder. Nightblades don't need to focus Weapon Damage. This is due to Sap Essence. A Nightblade, who hits six targets with Sap Essence, will spike to a weapon damage of 200+. I Believe mine sits around 211. Making our Elemental Rings hit like trucks.

When to use Sap Essence and When to Use Elemental Ring: If you are finding that your group needs an immediate Veil of Blades on an AOE Pack, you should be spamming SAP ESSENCE. This is because Siphoning Passive Transfer/Sap Essence Healing. If you hit 6 targets with Sap Essence, you instantly regenerate 12 Ultimate, as well as any ultimate you may gain from healing nearby targets. Once you you have a veil of blades up, and have used a sap essence(Hopefully where you have struck 6 targets) your Weapon Damage will be around 211. And you can begin spamming Elemental Ring for Maximum DPS.

Why Soul Harvest Ultimate: Rule Number 1 About Soul Harvest - Don't use it. Soul Harvest passively gives you ultimate on kills. If you are AOEing large groups of NPC's Pulling 2-3k dps, you are going to be getting kills. For each of those you will get a spike of 20 - or so - ultimate. Giving you your veil of blades much more quickly. Additionally it provides more crit for your AOE bar, just like Impale(Assassination Passive).

Why Evil Hunter: Evil hunter is the single most DPS increasing ability in the game. If you can use it, you should, and alot of times you won't know you are fighting undead until the moment it happens.

Some Final Thoughts:

ESOHead Skill Calculator Link

Impale on both bars: Used for 10% increased critical strike damage and increased critical strike chance from assassination passives. It is also very important to use Impale on all 25% health creatures to ensure maximum DPS

Mundus Stone: I suggest Thief, As spell critical strike in PVE is king, Seeing as none of the set bonuses I use provide crit, I rely upon Thief Stone/Assassination Abilities/Inner light to reach my 50%+ Critical Strike Chance.

Enchants: Magicka, Rekuta/Kuta where possible.(Important to note: if you upgrade a piece of gear that drops(Such as way of martial knowledge) the enchant will also upgrade. So a green piece of gear upgraded to blue will now have a blue enchant.)

Attributes: 49 Points health, spell symmetry can and will get you killed, best to have some extra health. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experimental Gear set for Tolan Dar'kir: I plan on running the sets below to achieve Maximum +Spell Damage, I realize the diminishing returns but believe firmly that each point of spell damage I can muster will significantly increase my PVE DPS/PVE Passive Healing.

PVE SET – Bonus Spell Power: 82

Cyrodil’s Light 2 pc:                  8

Adroitness 2 pc:                       8

Torug’s 2 pc:                            8

Martial 5 pc:                             16

Ring Enchants:                     +  42

Bonus Spell Power:                  82

Ring of Cyrodils Light

Ring of Cyrodil’s Light

Necklace of Adroitness

Belt of Adroitness

Epaulets of Martial Knowledge

Hat of Martial Knowledge

Breeches of Martial Knowledge

Gloves of Martial Knowledge

Shoes of Martial Knowledge

Kha’jit Jerkin of Torug’s Pact - Infused

Kha’jit Restoration Staff Torug’s Pact - Precise

Nord Destruction Staff Torug’s Pact - Precise

Best Regards, See you all in Trials!

Tolan Dar'kir, World-Singer of Tamriel

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Penumbra Forum Index -> Nightblade All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: